Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why we love what we do...

On Monday I was doing my usual downstairs cleaning. I love to vacuum my kitchen floor, but I only bother bringing the vacuum downstairs when I'm going to be doing the carpet as well. So I had the kitchen ready and asked my 3-year-old to clean up his toys so I could vacuum the carpet next. (This always translates into him playing with toys until I'm ready to help him put away his toys.) After I finished the kitchen floor I turned off the vacuum and heard my son saying, "Look what I did Mommy, look!" I look over to see the toy box overloaded and anything that he couldn't stuff in there on the couches. He even picked up all the shoes and put them on the couches! He was so excited. He then proceeded to tell me I needed to do the carpet now. So, I turned the vacuum back on which caused him to jump on the couch of stuff and cheer, "Go Mommy, go! Go Mommy, go! Whoo-hoo! Great job, Mommy!" repeated until I was done. The 1-year-old didn't know what was so exciting, but she was happy to clap along. Nothing like your own cheering squad to make you want to keep your job forever. (At least the mommy part;)

2 comments:

  1. My kids don't cheer for me when I clean...shoot! Maybe it would make it more fun to do if they did.... :)

    ReplyDelete