Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Did you ever notice?

Am I the only one who has noticed that it is always easier to clean someone else's house? Messes never look quite so messy when it isn't MY junk piled up in every corner.

I have helped sisters, friends and neighbors when they need stuff cleaned in a hurry and can't do it all. I am always happy and eager to help someone else in a pinch. I love getting together with other women and getting stuff accomplished. I always get a lot more done when I am surrounded by my girlfriends. Having someone to visit with, laugh with and be crazy with makes getting all of the chores done so much easier. I love getting organized and having a clean home and I love love love the sense of accomplishment after a hard days work, BUT....

Whenever I am alone at my own house I feel helpless. Too much to do and too little time. Lack of motivation and being just plain overwhelmed. I struggle to find the balance between having a neat and orderly home and still spending quality time with my children. O how I long to sit down and relax in the evening without feeling like I should be doing something productive.

So here's to making daily chores at home as enjoyable as being together with the girls having fun and getting stuff done. Please join me and share your ideas and accomplishments as I share mine. My goal is to have a fun, POSITIVE place where I can give myself (and any of you who want to join me) kudos for everyday stuff like getting the laundry done. Hopefully then I can replace the feeling of never doing enough with a feeling of accomplishment at then end of the day. Why not give myself props because my kids were able to find clean underwear in their drawer when it was time to get dressed??

Honestly, my goal isn't to have a perfect house 24/7. I mean, seriously, we LIVE here. People use dishes to eat and kids play with toys so it makes sense to have a few things in the sink or legos on the floor. My goal is, however, to be able to invite someone in who stops by without being ashamed of my mess.

So buckle up and let's get to work. It's time to give ourselves credit for being amazing!! And, I'm hoping that by sharing together we can be more productive and become even more amazing. When you get stuck, just imagine you are cleaning someone else's house.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea Paige. I'm excited. I'm also a believer in the kitchen sink philosophy (i even try to extend to the surrounding countertops) but I feel much less crazy knowing someone else has the same idea.

    ReplyDelete