Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Heavy Duty Schedule

This may look familiar to some of you, especially if you are my sister. I have had this schedule for a while (and I have altered it somewhat from the original) but rarely use it. I wish that I were organized enough to use it because it covers just about everything you need to do in your house EVER, but alas, I am still a work in progress.

DAILY CHORES
*make beds *dishes *bath kids *pick up clutter *sweep floor *read books to kids *dinner *weekly chore
WEEKLY CHORES
*Monday - bathrooms (toilet, tub, sink, counter, mirrors, shower, mop floors), laundry, take out garbage
*Tuesday - dust (frames, lamp shades, furniture), vacuum upstairs
*Wednesday - change bedding in one room, ironing, grocery shopping
*Thursday - kitchen (appliances, counter tops, mop floor, clean out baskets and organize), vacuum downstairs
*Friday - monthly chore, laundry, yard work
*Saturday - windows, clean out fridge, clean out cars
MONTHLY CHORES
*Week 1 - Baseboards, vents, window wills, clean & sort toys downstairs
*Week 2 - Wipe doors & knobs, light switches, telephone, remote, deep clean fridge
*Week 3 - Yearly job, sweep garage, clean car, wipe fronts of cupboards
*Week 4 - Clean & sort toys upstairs, window sills, wash trash cans
YEARLY CHORES
*January - vacuum under furniture, replace air filter
*February - Clean inside oven, wipe walls down
*March - Wash blinds &/or curtains
*April - Wash screens & outside windows, replace air filter, change batteries in smoke detectors
*May - Plant flowers, straighten & wipe closet (Master)
*June - Straighten & Wipe Drawers
*July - Straighten & Wipe Cupboards, replace air filter
*August - Defrost Freezer
*September - Straighten & Wipe Closets (All except master)
*October - Turn Mattresses, Wash Comforters, Pull up Plants, Replace Air Filter, change batteries in smoke detectors
*November - Wash Light Fixtures & Ceiling Fans
*December - Organize Desk & filing cabinets
The Original version of this schedule had the weekly chore of bathrooms divided up into two different days doing certain jobs in the bathrooms one one day and the remaining jobs in the bathrooms on a different day. I am a little bit OCD and I like my bathroom to be completely cleaned when I do it, so I moved it all to one day. Feel free to use this schedule and re-arrange stuff differently if it works better for you.
Also, we will talk more later about the "clean out baskets & organize" listed on the day to clean the kitchen so don't be confused. Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow that is extensive. Makes me realize all that I should be doing. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be possible...if ALL of your kids are at school all day, or you are a professional maid. I don't think I'm ready to set my bar this high, it's kind of depressing for me. But I am impressed with any of you that have been able to manage this!

    ReplyDelete