Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time to Tackle

It's time to tackle another nemesis. HB was nice enough to get us started by answering the paper/clutter question. Even though that wasn't my personal nemesis I still loved what you wrote and have thought about it a lot. I love "one touch" and I've been trying to set up ways to help myself do things that way, paper or otherwise.

So I propose a problem rather than a solution, help me tackle my nemesis: ironing.

What are your tricks? I see people with ironed clothes and families who look so nice in their pressed clothes. However, everyone whom I have asked how/when to get ironing done claims that they just don't do it. Well, I don't believe you and even if it is true that answer is not good enough. I need real help here...my hubby has to have ironed clothes and I feel like a slacker wife when he does it himself - even though he says he doesn't care. I really want to be good at it but so far I'm not. HELP!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not much help. We're on the "iron as you wear" method. I refuse to have piles of un-ironed clothes waiting for me. We buy "wrinkle free" and basically avoid wearing things that have to be ironed. I at least hang things up either to dry, or fresh out of the dryer to help. Really, I don't do it and have no desire to start. Sorry, not much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my dad was in the military so he strictly ironed his own stuff. Honestly, I kind of like ironing, but I NEVER DO IT. We usually hang dry clothes or do the old spray and toss it in the dryer with a towel. The hard part is finding time to get out a hot, heavy item with no kids around. (Brian Regan anyone?) yeah, not much help here either.
    However, in case you were curious about this, I do wash my dry-clean only stuff in my washing machine so I don't have to find the time to go to the dry cleaners...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First buy wrinkle free stuff, then make sure you pull it out of the dryer as soon as it's done and hang it up. this cuts down on what I really have to iron a lot, (but my hubby hides behind a white coat too, so I'm not super concerned with it being 100% perfect, but he still looks good). I also love, love, love, downy wrinkle releaser. it really works!! just spray it on the clothes while they're hanging and smooth out the wrinkles with your hand... and when you do have to iron do it while watching oprah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that I have the same ironing problems... but let me share a story - Yesterday I was ironing, and Shelby's friend came in and said "is that a real live iron?! I have never seen one in real life. What does it do?!" I explained the purpose of an iron and she said, "oh, I guess we just like wrinkles in our clothes". haa haa
    So I guess my point is... don't feel so bad. Some people don't iron their clothes EVER!
    Iron or don't Iron.... No one worries so much about it, except you!! (and ME :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. as of today, my paper stack (aka nemesis) is GONE. It might be back soon.... but for now I am one happy girl!!

    ReplyDelete