Monday, March 15, 2010

What are you doing?

I like this blog and here's why- it makes me think! My house hasn't been spotless by any means, but my cleaning has improved! I think about cleaning, while I'm cleaning, and I start to find things that work better for me or at least motivation to get done what I need to do. So, now that we are all considering better ways to do what we do, I propose some goal setting. My goal is to be "ready" by 10am every (weekday) morning. To me, this means having my downstairs presentable as well as myself. There will be some toy clutter, and I'll likely be sporting some yoga pants.However, my hair will be under control, I'll have some amount of makeup on, lose the pj shirt, and have a generally picked up downstairs. This way, if somebody stops by at noon, I don't have to be completely embarrassed. Also, if I want/need to run an errand it's not an event just to get ready to get out the door. So this is my goal, what's yours?

2 comments:

  1. That is a very noble goal. Besides sick baby week I've been doing a lot better at house stuff, like you I think it is in large part because I'm thinking about it. So, my goal...hum...I'm going to go with two goals, both are simple, but make a big difference in how my day goes. Making my bed every morning (truthfully there are many days I don't) AND opening up my curtains every morning. Having a made bed and sun shining in my house are a great indicator that I will have a good day. Not sure why it makes such a big difference in my whole outlook but it does. There are my goals, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige, I like your goal about making your bed. I need to do that too. Danielle, I don't know if I can be clean and ready by ten, but your post has made me think about getting it done early and out of the way. But today I cleaned my bedroom--seriously it's spotless--and my goal is to keep it that way. It feels so refreshing and restful! I think making my bed is a good start.

    ReplyDelete